Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The Humming Bird And Her Friend (poem)

In the morning, there used to be
a happy humming bird flying free
To me she wasn't just a pet
She was the best friend that can ever fit

We used to play, sing and fly
We used to say everything and never lie
The bond between is was made of gold
Since we were five years old

As we were playing, I saw an ugly vulture
He was walking with great cocksure
Then he looked at me and started to censure
But looked at you with false allure

In broad daylight, he chose his prey
By his false charm, you went away
I saw the look in his eyes that day
It was full of evil shaped as a ray

I tried to warn you
I tried to save you
But you couldn't help it
As you were falsely charmed by it

But I knew this kind of hunting birds
He knows how to choose his idle words
But be ware, because when he is done with you
You will be left alone, broken and blue

So I'll fight for you against your own will
Even if you weren't there and stood still
Because this is my duty as a friend
to love and care till the end

Again I'll be waiting for you
Because I still love you, despite your point of view
I know you'll be my humming bird again
And then, we'll sing the next poem under the rain

No comments:

Post a Comment